- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Expiry Date: 2019-05-28
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 11 to 15 years
- Functional Area:
- Job Code: JB104472
- Setting business strategies/budget for FI Relationship Managers and steering these strategies to meet prevailing conditions and changes.
- Planning and managing the activities of staff in the unit, providing leadership and ensuring that the unit’s business plan objectives and goals for the department are met.
- Responsible for the business development/marketing aspect of dealings with financial institutions, including penetration into new markets, expanding the FI counter-party base within the same market, and/or cross-selling new products/services with existing FIs. From a qualitative perspective, responsibilities include managing/expanding existing relationships that are strategic to Bank. Such "strategic" relationships are defined by the FI Head along with the FI Unit Head.
- Contribute to the development of the annual departmental budget, ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all activities in the unit.
- Communicate FI strategy to RMs and Bank Group at a macro level where necessary to ensure alignment of purpose and direction in work
- Proactively explore and capitalize on market opportunities in assigned geographical area and target markets with considerable growth with a view to increasing market portfolio and profitability.
- Meeting with Financial Institutions to maintain and develop the relationship and to market the services and products offered by the Bank.
- Meet with senior bankers and regulators or communicate with them as needed to further promote Bank’s products, services, network and latest developments within the Bank.
- Carry out the necessary due diligence / Know Your Customer procedures on all FI names Bank deals with and / or prospective names.
- Monitor and evaluate trends and emerging issues pertaining to compliance policies / procedure and market news.
- Handling all FI compliance requirements to ensure timely and proper reporting/feedback is provided to the FI on all such issues.
- Ensure that all limits and terms and conditions of approvals are respected at all times and that amendments to these lines according to the needs of the clients/countries and/or their financial/market situation are recommended.
- Recommend and review country limits in line with the Bank’s/Group’s needs.
- Acting as Bank’s main point of contact for global FI’s in the designated geographical region and liaises between them and the relevant Bank departments / entities regarding any product or service line. Ensures that communication flow is smooth and that both FI and Bank center / department is being serviced as required.
- University degree in business (MBA a plus).
- Minimum 11 years FI/correspondent banking and related operations experience with international banks of which at least three in a Senior Management position, preferably covering the MENA/Middle-East region.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven understanding/ knowledge of all banking products and services and credit as well as complex structured trade transactions/deals.
- Established network of/ connections with senior bankers across multiple institutions and geographies.